Monday, July 11, 2011

Top 10 Best Wordpress Plugins That Make Your Blog Badass

What is the best wordpress plugin? If you guys are brand new to the idea of blogging, a wordpress plugin is simply just an add-on that you can put into your blog. There are all sorts of various plugins at your disposal. But only a really handful of wordpress plugins are actually USEFUL to converting more of your readers into buyers, email opt-ins or loyal readers.

So what are they?

Let us get into the thick of it as they say... Now these are not just fluff stuff that will slow your blog down. These are actually the #1 things that can grow traffic to your blog and make your blog 200-500% better than where it currently sits if you're flying-solo without any at all.

Time to dive in!

Top 10 Best Wordpress Plugins

1.  Facebook Share

This was the original facebook share button. A lot of blogs have gone away with this blog in favor for the "like" button on the blog. I say BOTH are important. Here is why the old facebook share button makes our little best plugins list.

It allows social proof to be seen a lot quicker and more dramatically displayed. As we know, readers are more enticed if they see that a lot of people are sharing an article or a piece of content. So by having that at the top, allows us to display the number of how many times we have been shared on facebook. Also the "like" plugin ruins a lot of the head space in your blog. Which is why I include it at the bottom of my blog versus the top.

The FB share button is still super effective and highly recommended!

2. Tweetmeme

This plugin is pretty much exactly the same as facebook share. The only obvious difference is that it is for twitter not for facebook! I am not a HUGE fan of twitter as any of you who follow me already know. I rarely use it, though I should, but a lot our readers do use twitter and absolutely love it. So allow them to spread the love across their 140-character-long diaries.

3. Facebook Like Button

I love the Like button, I include it at the end  of every blog post. The cool thing is it will tell you everyone who liked it, and sometimes it'll be someone the reader is friends with or respects if they are heavy in your niche. Which causes them to respect you and your content even more, and make it more likely to share your stuff with the world.

4. Commentluv

Let us be honest. Majority of people reading a blog, especially in the make money niches and network marketing niches, have something they want to sell too. To reward these people for commenting on our blogs, we become a "Dofollow" blog and allow their latest blog post to appear on our own blog. This allows them to do a little bit better advertising of their content when they comment to enrich our own.

I love commentluv, cause it builds really good backlink juice, which for you SEO nuts is awesome.

I actually have people hiring and outsourcing people to come and comment on this blog. No idea how many, but I am sure the fact I have commentluv is a big reason why! (Other than my AMAZING content!)

5. All In One SEO Pack

Even though it is constantly wanting to update itself which is semi-annoying, this is an awesome plugin for SEO junkies and any real-time blogger. Because it allows you to put in all the SEO info you need at one go. Put it in and you're done.

This is a requirement if you want be successful with SEO on a blog as far as I am concerned, and really easy to use.

6. Google Analyticator

This plugin is a behind-the-scenes deal, but basically using this tool you can quick updates on traffic coming to your blog. What is even cooler is going into the back office they have and you can see exactly where everyone is coming from. Whether predominantly from facebook, or from the search engines. Of course, the biggest traffic source you want is called "Direct".

Meaning people actually just come on the internet and type in your blog into the address bar! Because those are the people who are loyal fans and like what you have to say.

Other useful information are things like understanding bounce rates, and the most frequented pages on your blog. Don't get lost in the numbers, but do understand what they are saying about your blog so you can adjust and optimize everything.

7. Google XML Sitemaps

Also a powerful SEO plugin. This automatically creates a sitemap on your blog which helps with SEO. Basically the sitemap organizes everything more neatly and makes the Google spiders and gods go through your content and index it quicker and better. (Which means higher rankings on the search engines)

8. WP Ezinearticles

I really like this, no idea how helpful it TRULY is, but I believe it is worth to have on your blog even if you're not big into article marketing. Basically what it does is creates a little box in your wordpress "Add new post" section. When you are done writing your post, you can click the "submit" button and it will automatically send your blog post to Ezinearticles as a submitted article all in the span of a few seconds.

Saves a lot of hassle if you enjoy submitting articles like me.

9. ThatMLMBeat Beat It Button

I just started using this myself, it is a plugin similar to tweetmeme only instead of twitter it shares your content on ThatMLMBeat. A website community focused on blogging specifically in the mlm/network marketing and internet marketing niches. Everytime someone clicks on it, your post will get bumped up into the top and front page of their community.

Which is pretty awesome targeted traffic for most of us in this niche! You do need a ThatMLMBeat account, but that's for free unless you want the premium. Highly recommend it.

10. SSG Google Wordpress Audio Player

I LOVE this thing. This is one of my favorite wordpress plugins, if not THE BEST wordpress plugn on this list in my opinion.

You see, I hate doing videos but I love doing audios. (You know got that hot Alaskan silky voice haha) and doing interviews. I actually have a small library of interviews with many six-figure income earners in our profession I have been waiting to whip out and never had a chance to till I found my hosting solution. See I was messing with Amazons3 and all this other crap I couldn't figure out, till my friend Brandon Connell told me about this plugin.

It hosts all of your audio on your blog for free and it will also embed an actual audio player inside your blog post instead of your reader having to open up a new window for your audio (for free). Super useful.

Advice on the Best Wordpress Plugins...

Please do not look at this as a definitive list. I love blogging, but it is a constantly changing and evolving world. There is new plugins coming out all the time. And some plugins I know of that I use that I didn't mention here (but will soon in another post) used for different purposes. These are the basics, the stuff I believe every network marketing blog if not at least blog itself should have.

The greatest piece of advice I can give you on using and finding the best wordpress plugins is network with other active bloggers. Constantly be on the search for them. Developers are always coming out with new and cool things that you can use. So keep your eyes OPEN.

That way you will ALWAYS have the best wordpress plugins on your blog, and make your audience very happy and giddy to promote you all over the internet-worlds that-be. Goodluck and good wordpress plugin hunting/installing.

See the original top 10 best wordpress plugins post on my blog over at Greginmotion.com


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment