Saturday, July 16, 2011

How to Develop Unstoppable Self Belief

Self Belief is the Building Block of True Success

An unshakable self belief plays a big part in being truly successful in business and in life because with self belief comes freedom. When you unconditionally believe in who you are, you become free to begin really appreciating life and all that you already have. You gain the space and energy to create your dreams, and the courage, confidence and commitment to be the kind of persona and leader you want to be. Why... because you KNOW you can. If you have found yourself being self critical or doubting yourself in the past this post will help you to understand how you can avoid it in the future.

How to Develop Unstoppable Self Belief

Lets be honest you can forget everyone else, nothings caused you more misery and got in your way of success more than your own psychology. When you know at your deepest level, beyond doubt that you are a great, capable and loving man worthy of all that you desire in life, in that moment true success is achieved. At least it is as far as I'm concerned, and if you embrace this fully you open up avenues that lead to your dreams so long as you get off your backside and get into action! Yet I know this isn't an easy belief for many to accept as true.

Like everyone else you have flaws, imperfections and things you might not necessarily like about yourself, who doesn't! If you can change them great - do it! Work on them them but if not to then please learn to accept them. Your perceived flaws and imperfections are seen as endearing features of beauty by those who truly matter in your life. Whatever you think you're lacking let me tell you now you're lacking nothing, think yourself lucky for whatever you have because if you don't true success will never be yours. There will always be people who have more experience, knowledge and expertise than you, that's just life! I still have thoughts such as "I am not as good as them", or "I don't know enough yet.." and so on, and sometimes if I listen to that voice inside my head for long enough it can stop me dead in my tracks.

Overcome Self Doubt

If you're like me and I suspect almost everyone in this world, you too have moments of self doubt when personal criticism and thoughts of impossibility enter your mind. Times when unresourceful thoughts and beliefs seem to appear from nowhere. What no one told me is that I didn't have believe them! In the past I accepted them as gospel because they had always there! Beliefs I had picked up from other people, parents and so. The more I believed these thoughts the dreams I had fell by the wayside, and I continued looking for an escape from my own thinking in drink and drugs. Then I discovered something very refreshing - a lot of what I used to think was in fact lies! Lies about myself, my situation, my life, the world, other people and so on. When I questioned their validity, more often that not I found then to be untrue. I discovered the thoughts that had stopped me in my tracks, filled me with sadness, fear and misery were a complete load of rubbish!

Shut the F**k Up!
So if at anytime that voice inside your head wants to bring you down, criticise or chastise you, ignore it, turn down the volume, in fact better still turn it off completely. If what you're hearing isn't creating feelings of love and support ignore it, tell it to be quiet at least for a while! Make friends with that voice because it isn't going anywhere! That voice isn't who you are - you have the power to question it or simply dismiss the ideas it try's to sell you altogether! With continued practice you will begin to easily notice those thoughts which in the past may have stopped you being your best, will become less frequent meaning you are free to fill your mind with thoughts that support your continued success. You see it isn't the thoughts you have that are the problem, it is the thoughts you have about the thoughts that can be!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment