Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Practical, Inspirational, and Innovative Guide to Becoming Successful

The Affluent Entrepreneur by Patrick Snow more than lives up to its title in multiple ways. While "affluent" is generally used to mean "wealthy" in terms of money, Snow expands that title by showing how all aspects of our lives can be affluent when we follow our passions, remain focused upon our families, and use practical steps to create businesses that will provide us with the money, security, and happiness we need to thrive in life. Snow also quotes the Bible to make it clear there is nothing wrong with being prosperous, and we should not let self-limiting beliefs hold us back from making the world a better place-in fact, true Affluent Entrepreneurs not only enjoy their success but share their prosperity with others through giving both time and money and by setting an example of hope for others.

Snow breaks down his book into "20 Proven Principles for Achieving Prosperity" and those principles are definitely proven. There is not a bad principle in the list. Just a few of the principles include "Building Income Security," "Participating in Mastermind Groups," "Getting Your Family's Support," and "Developing a 'No Matter What' Mentality." While many of these principles are basic common sense, or they have been discussed in other books, what is so valuable about The Affluent Entrepreneur is that Patrick Snow is a creative genius when it comes to being an entrepreneur. He takes these principles and provides personal and creative examples of how to use each principle to achieve prosperity and success. I've read many other self-help and business books, but Snow's presentation and stories of how he achieved success often kept me on the edge of my seat and ready to cheer for him, whether he was landing a publishing contract or being hired as a public speaker for a major corporation's annual conference.

An added benefit of The Affluent Entrepreneur is that Patrick Snow does not only tell his story, but he provides in each chapter the profile of another Affluent Entrepreneur who successfully, through hard work, determination, and creativity, not only made millions or even billions of dollars, but also revolutionized his or her industry. Examples range from nineteenth century legends like Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller, to twentieth century legends like Henry Ford and Sam Walton, and to people today living the lives of Affluent Entrepreneurs including Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, Donald Trump, and Ralph Lauren. With the examples of these twenty Affluent Entrepreneurs and Patrick Snow included, any reader will be sure to find the information necessary to achieve all his or her dreams of prosperity-because the Affluent Entrepreneur of the title is, after all, not Patrick Snow but the reader.

Finally, I wish to testify here that I myself have Patrick Snow to thank for leading me down the road to becoming an Affluent Entrepreneur. I first met Patrick Snow in April 2007. After spending just one evening together, we came up with a business plan that resulted in my starting my own business as an independent book reviewer, freelance editor, proofreader, and writer, which ultimately became Superior Book Promotions. Within a month, I was working for myself while still keeping my day job. By January 2009, I had created such a demand for my services that I made the frightening, risky decision to quit my job and work full-time doing the work I love to do and being my own boss.

Since that time, my annual income has more than surpassed what I earned at my day job. I am my own boss, set my own hours, love my work, and best of all, I am helping other people succeed in their dreams to become published authors. I like to think I would have gone down this path regardless, but meeting Patrick Snow kick-started me in the right direction by making me realize it was time I got a return on my investment of hard work and higher education. And it should be noted that I accomplished this goal despite the United States being in its worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

I am a living example that Patrick Snow can teach you how to build a business that is recession-proof because it is your own and your vision is the guiding force behind it. It is not an exaggeration to say that Patrick Snow has been one of the most important influences in my life, and I am confident that multitudes of his readers-many of whom have already learned to follow their dreams from reading his first book, the international bestseller Creating Your Own Destiny-with dedication and the courage to apply the principles he teaches in The Affluent Entrepreneur, are bound to become equally impressive success stories.

The most inspiring and practical business book I've read since The Four-Hour Work Week, Patrick Snow's The Affluent Entrepreneur is filled with stories to make you laugh-and Patrick Snow isn't above laughing at himself-but after the laughter fades, you will be left with shrewd advice that will keep the brains in your head spinning until you succeed in becoming the Affluent Entrepreneur and living the affluent lifestyle you deserve.

Tyler R. Tichelaar holds a Bachelor's and Master's Degree from Northern Michigan University and a Ph.D. from Western Michigan University. His family's long relationship with Upper Michigan and his avid interest in genealogy inspired Dr. Tichelaar to write his Marquette Trilogy: Iron Pioneers, The Queen City, and Superior Heritage. Dr. Tichelaar is also a professional book reviewer and editor. For more information about Tyler R. Tichelaar, his writing, and his author services, visit:

http://www.marquettefiction.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment