Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book Review - The Millionaire Next Door

Before I became good with money, trust me I was hopeless with money. While my wage was not great, it was better than most people's; my problem was with spending. I spent money on shopping, food, going out, holidays, clothes, and paying back debt, with little regard for saving anything. My life was great and there was always a good time to be had. Then one day it all caught up with me, when my debt payments nearly overtook my wage. Like a strike of lightning, I realised I could not keep this up. At around the same point, quite by accident, I came across this book "The Millionaire Next Door."

This book teaches you the not so secret tips of getting rich. In fact, most millionaires are not sport's players, share traders, or movie stars. They give real life statistics about real millionaires living in the suburbs. People who you would not suspect were a millionaire due to the fact they don't live like the ones we see on TV. They give real life stories of people who are millionaires who have lived on a basic wage all their life. Plus they give you a rundown of the USA top millionaires' professions (would you believe plumbing is included?)

This book trains you to stop living and acting above your wage. Stop living flamboyantly with money, spending all your income. To say this book is an eye opener is an understatement. I'm sure like me, when you read it and slowly and painfully think, wow what foolish decisions I have made. This book will truly, 100 percent guarantee to make you feel differently about money.

The great thing about this book is they use FACTS to show what millionaires are really like. They don't use guesswork. As the back of the book asks," Who are rich?" How did they get rich? What do they drive? All three answers to these questions will shock you. No wonder this book could change your life. And it has sold over one million copies.

Just to give you an idea of the typical American millionaire, the book proudly states at one point, "Drive like a millionaire... in a 1993 Ford Taurus."

Pros:
The books only talks about FACTS not hypotheticals.
Does not sugar coat why you are not rich.
Gives you a true insight to human behaviour with and around money.
Follow the steps to increase your bank balance, no matter what position you are in.
Introduces you to the average American millionaire, as determined by studies and surveys.

Cons:
This book should be taught in schools but is not.

Five out of five stars.

My name is Adam Goulding and my story is quite simple. Four years ago my bank balance was so low paying rent was a big problem.

Then like a flash of lightning, a thought so extremely simple, yet a powerful realisation hit me. Whatever happened in my life with money up to March 15th 2005 wasn't working!

Then my girlfriend, let me in on her system for growing money.

Now I have written a book on getting out of debt and a free monthly newsletter. Myself and my wife have turned our household budget around. Saving money in all sorts of ways. Find it at http://www.mrhomebudget.com.au/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment